We’re looking for a freelance senior digital product designer with a passion for dreaming up and executing incredible web experiences. You’ll need to have a great eye for detail, and the skill and willingness to collaborate with other disciplines to see your vision come to life. You’ll get your hands dirty at every stage of our project’s life cycle, from brainstorming original concepts to wireframing UX approaches to mocking those up as motion prototypes to presenting those ideas internally and with the client.
Bluecadet is a seriously collaborative work environment. Our designers work closely with other disciplines on a daily basis, from creative technology to content development, all while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution. This is an opportunity to define and reinvent the digital space, and a passion for doing just that is critical.
Top 3 things this person should accomplish in first year
- Designs an elegant, innovative system that supports the content and experience goals for one of our digital products and successfully presents it to a client
- Designs a UI pattern system for a robust publishing product and supports developers in successfully implementing it
- Produces effective motion and clickable prototypes that find unique solutions for a range of UX needs
- A portfolio that demonstrates an exceptional understanding of web product best practices and a willingness to invent new ones
- 3+ years of interactive design experience in an agency environment
- Exceptional ability to understand, communicate, and develop creative solutions that address specific client goals
- Expertise in essential UX design tools, including Figma and other product wireframing/motion/prototyping tools
- Knowledge and interest in digital technologies and how they can be used to support superior user-centered experiences
- Experienced in collaborating across visual design, motion and technology in the context of designing digital products is a plus
- A great attitude and a lack of ego
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to design direction and working with input from our creative directors
- Successfully execute interactive product designs for a wide range of digital experiences from high impact narrative experiences to large publishing platforms
- Use feedback as a way to improve and iterate and have conversations around your work
- Communicate concepts to Creative Directors (CDs) via references, mood boards, sketches before commencing on design. Be prepared to defend decisions and articulate design choices
- Adhere to timelines and manage priorities to meet milestones and deadlines
- Collaborate with visual designers and developers on implementation: Ensures design decisions are adhering to sound UX principles, and that the evolving product continues to be user-centered
- Incorporates all internal and client feedback into design work
- Collaborates with visual designers, producers, content strategists, and developers on their team to deliver a successful project that meets internal and client goals
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Our commitment to Equity and Inclusion:
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent, views, backgrounds, and interests across our disciplines. We believe in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle and look for ways to actively amplify our team’s diverse perspectives in service of the stories and messages we are entrusted to tell.